Sunday, May 6, 2007

It's party time

The Angel Stadium Declaration April 17, 2005

Today I am stepping across the line. I'm tired of waffling and I'm finished with wavering; I've made my choice, the verdict is in and my decision is irrevocable. I'm going God's way. There's no turning back now!
I will live the rest of my life serving God's purposes with God's people on God's planet for God's glory. I will use my life to celebrate His presence, cultivate His character, participate in His family, demonstrate His love, and communitcate His word.
Since my past has been forgiven and I have a purpose for living and a home awaiting in heaven, I refuse to waste any more time or energy on shallow living, petty thinking, trivial talking, thoughtless doing, useless regretting, hurtful resenting, or faithless worrying. Instead, I will magnify God, grow to maturity, serve in ministry, and fulfill my mission in the membership of His family.
Because this life is preparation for the next, I will value worship over wealth, "we" over "me", character over comfort, service over status, and people over possessions, position, and pleasures. I know what matters most and I'll give it all I've got. I'll do the best I can with what I have for Jesus Christ today.
I won't be captivated by culture, manipulated by critics, motivated by praise, frustrated by problems, debilitated by temptation or intimidated by the devil. I'll keep running my race with my eyes on the goal, not the sidelines or those running by me. When times get tough, and I get tire, I won't back up, back off, back down, back out or backslide. I'll just keep moving forward by God's grace. I'm Spirit-led, purpose-driven and mission-focused so I cannot be bought, I will not be compromised, and I shall not quit until I finish the race.
I'm a trophy of God's amazing grace so I will be gracious to everyone, grateful for every day, and generous with everything that God entrusts to me.
To my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, I say: However, Whenever, Wherever and Whatever you ask me to do, my answer in advance is yes! Wherever you lead and whatever the cost, I'm ready. Anytime. Anywhere. Anyway. Whatever it takes Lord; Whatever it takes! I want to be used by you inn such a way, that on that final day I'll hear you say, "Well down, thou good and faithful one. Come on in, and let the eternal party begin."

2 comments:

TheSloan said...

That's pretty amazing. Thanks for the post for sure.

Lindsee Lou said...

So, earlier today I posted this LONG comment. Then, google decided to freak out and not let me post it!

Anyway, congratulations on graduating!! I should be graduating also, but I'm on the 5 year plan...oh, joy!!! :) I also just absolutley LOVE new blogging friends, it is too much fun!!

I really do feel like I know y'all so well, yet haven't even met y'all. It's crazy!

I would not mind a bit if you linked me, I will link you too!!

Alrighty, off I go to get some projects done.

Glad I have a new friend!!

Oh, and so glad you found me on facebook!! Love it!!!