Monday, December 3, 2007

No More Secrets

So it's been a while...again. Haha...but I have been out of town since late Friday night...and I'm about to tell you why.

Ok, I don't like keeping secrets from you guys, and it's been hard to talk about my amazing job--and my precious little boy--without saying names...especially his!!! And I also can't easily write about my weekend without saying names. That just gets to confusing with to use "my boss" and "her son" and "her singing buddies" (1, 2, and 3) and "singing buddies 1 and 2's children" and "singing buddy's children's nanny" ....you get the idea. So if you go here, my mystery boss will be revealed. (She is the second girl, on the right.)

Her name is Melissa Greene, and she is the most humble, sweet, and beautiful girl you've ever met. I am just loving every minute that the Lord allows me to serve her and Ben by keeping their son, HUTCH!!!! ..You know him as the love of my life. :) Her singing companions are Janna Long (the last original Avalon member) whose solo site you can also look at here (I'm sure you know her big hit "Greater is He" that plays when her website comes up), Greg Long (who is married to Janna) website here (his list of successes under "bio" is quite impressive!) and the newest member (who has taken Jody McBrayer's spot as the tenor of the group) Jeremi Richardson. Jeremi has just joined the group this fall after spending the last five years as a member of the Voices of Liberty at Disney World! :) You can read some about him here.

Melissa also has a solo ministry (as do the other members), but has just signed with a new label and will have a CD in stores and songs on the radio in the first quarter of 08! Ya'll...the girl can SING. She has a site here, but I will let you know when the new site and CD and all of that are ready.

So this was my first weekend on the road!! I got to the bus Friday around 9:15 or so and Melissa showed me my bunk and explained where everything was, and then I met everyone! :) The total bus group was Melissa, Hutch, myself, Jeremi, Janna, Greg, their daughters Lilian and Julia, their nanny Kristy, Keely (World Vision rep.), Heath (road manager), and Dale (bus driver). And I loved every one of them!

This weekend the group had shows in Kentucky on Saturday night and Illinois on Sunday night (Chicago...BURRRRRRRRRRR). It was their first round of Christmas shows, and they have a few more coming up, so be sure to check and see if they are coming somewhere near you! You Texas gals, I know they have some shows out your way at the end of the week, so check it out if it's close! They should also be posting tour dates for their big spring tour with the new cd coming out...you can check out a preview of it here (and buy the EP on itunes!)

Well, we just got back this morning around 8:00. Which means....... it's NAP TIME for me, and I will have to tell details later!! :) (But I will say, the Chicago deep-dish pizza that was delivered to the bus after the show last night was good enough to make even the strictest dieter DIG IN.)

21 comments:

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Okay, I know we aren't supposed to be jealous...but how the heck can you be with my most favorite people in the world!!!

I LOVE Avalon, I mean LOVE them, I had their Christmas cd on repeat while at my Pastor's Christmas Open House one year, and did I forget to mention what is on the top of my blog page!

If you talk to Janna ask her if she remembers the dj here in Orlando talk about me, saying I was from orlando, and cried through the whole concert..and then added that I called everytime their songs were played(such an exaggeration)

Okay, Okay, I am STOPPING....but you are so lucky, I'd give anything to sit down and chat with them...they are just people, but they SO rock!

I miss Cherie Adams being apart of the group, she is on my myspace page, and also has a awesome voice, and is expecting:)

I have such a testimony of how their music entered my life...but this is your blog. I'll email ya later:)

Love you girl:)

Ang

jennyhope said...

girl that is so cool! her son looks just like her! Also, you are living some Psalm 37:4 and you waiting on the Lord makes total sense in regards to your previous post about finding the right place to work!!! so fun!!

Fran said...

Oh my goodness Miss Abby! You ARE exactly where God wants you to be.
What a blessing for you and for that darling little boy! That is just too too cool. I can't imagine the things you get to see and hear for Jesus.

I'm so happy for you! Have a great week. Lots of hugs~
Fran

Lindsee Lou said...

What a fun and enjoyable experience for you to have!! :) That makes my heart oh, so very happy for you. The Lord DID have a plan for you moving to Nashville. Oh, the joys of graduation....I'm ALMOST there!!!

Love ya, girly!

Linds

Unknown said...

What a great gig you've got going there! Congrats!!!

Alana said...

How wonderful! I'm glad you told us, because I sure was curious ;-)

I can't wait to here more about your adventures!

ocean mommy said...

That is so God. What a blessing!

And I LOVE that name...Hutch!

blessings,
steph.

Profbaugh said...

I know I told you earlier that God had something very, very special in store for you Ms. Abby. What a wonderful opportunity. Enjoy every minute of it. . and keep us all posted so we can live vicariously through you!!

Much love,
~Cheryl

Sharon Brumfield said...

What a sweet blessing from God for you.
Enjoy your life and your ministry.
Thanks for sharing the secret.
How fun!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

that's a pretty fun secret...
and for God to orchestrate such a cool job for you while you are still single and can travel a bit with awesome awestruck amazing avalon...with the way you let your music bring you to your beautiful God--- and so make you alive to your good God ---- all i can say is WOW! Isaiah 64:4 - God acts in behalf of those who wait for Him. You waited! You're singing!

Renee said...

What a fun secret to have!!

Now I'll have to read back in your posts, and read more about this little adorable guy. I'm curious about how you found each other.

Sounds like a fun weekend! Are you going to be going on the road with them more? I can't wait to hear more about your weekend...that would be quite the experience!!

What a fun job. Yay, Abby!

connorcolesmom said...

Abby,
That is so exciting and what a blessing for both you and the family you serve. I know how much it means to be on both ends (as a nanny and as a mommy)
It truly makes such a difference when you can leave your child with someone you know will truly love them. My first babies are now almost 15 but they will always be my babies. This is a bond that will last a lifetime.
If you are ever on the bus with them and coming to GA let me know. I would love to see you and of course Avalon in concert!
Love ya,
Kim

BethAnne said...

ARE YOU EVEN KIDDING ME? THAT IS AWESOME!!!! I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!! What a cool job! God IS good.

Heather said...

Kids are fun aren't they ... especially when you get to spoil them and give them back! Now I'm a mom, I get to keep them 24/7 and it is wonderful!

Dionna said...

Isn't it so great when God chooses to bestow a job on us that is more "pure fun" than it is work? So so cool!

God's girl said...

Wow-that is so fun! What a great time of life for you. Cherish every moment of it. God has given you a great ministry!

Much love,
Angela

Imperfect said...

Congratulations! I love the song "Greater is He" from Janna Long! and I love Avalon. Powerful voices! I'm so happy for you to have such a great opportunity...and a little jealous he he ;). Very, Very cute child too.

God bless,
Katarina

He Knows My Name said...

whew girl you are living a whirl wind life. i am so glad for you. this is too exciting. yep chicago deep dish is good stuff. we are going to boston pizza for some after church tomorrow if the roads are not to icy cause we are supposed to get hit with a storm sometime tomorrow am. take care abby. ~janel

ps that little guy is too cute, just adorable.

pss post when you get your lpm ticket i just saw frans and i'm feeling the pressure to act i'm just not sure about flying/traveling alone.

The Millsaps said...

I just read your comment on Travis's blog about Hobby Lobby. Girl, we must get together and go to Hobby Lobby. It is something to behold!!

I'm Tara. said...

How wonderful, Abby! What amazing things the Lord is doing through you! I'm so excited for you to be having such a tremendous experience. Enjoy every minute! And tell her that her baby boy is PRECIOUS!!!

He Knows My Name said...

update: boston pizza is not chicago style. ate there last night and was not so great. we'll try it again and get different toppings. hope your day is going great. ~janel